Exercising is one part of perfecting a successful core area; you must have healthy nutrition and a great diet to achieve a strong body!
Food as fuel:
– It is very vital to fuel your body properly
– Try not to skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
– It supplies nutrients, energy, and gets your brain pumping
– Last minute stimulate? So not the way to go!! You should substitute that for frequent meals throughout the day to get your body energized. Example: coffee à fruits
– Also, rid your mind of wanting to be “skinny”, replace skinny with LEAN!
Balancing your diet:
– Your diet should consist of three groups:
o Macronutrients (protein, amino acids)
– Macronutrients: builds muscle mass
– Fats: promotes healthy cell functions, maintains body temperatures, and is a source of energy
– Carbohydrates: provides energy
Recipe for Fueling:
– Take in at least one gram of protein per pound of your body weight from lean foods! (white meat, fish, eggs, Greek yogurt)
– Breakfast: Omelet made with two egg whites, one yolk, with a small bowl of yoatmeal topped with strawberries
– Breakfast snack: protein shake with a handful of nuts
– Lunch: Chicken breast with salad with tomatoes over it
– Afternoon snack: fruits
– Dinner: Baked fish, asparagus, and brown rice
– Consuming the right amount of fluid is a key factor in performance and keeping your core right!
– Proper hydration helps you feel great before, during, and after a great workout; also hydrating will help you work up a great amount of sweat
– Signs of dehydration: thirst, flushed skin, and becoming fatigued
Keep on working hard, you’re doing GREAT!!
* Forget Skinny, You Are Training To Be A Fit BADASS. *